Thursday, May 26, 2011

Is Jesus the only way to heaven?

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

The function of Christ's coming to earth is indicated by the name he was given: "you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins." Matthew 1:21. Also, "God with us." (Matthew 1:23).

But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. John 20:31. Also: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

Jesus says in John 16:7-11, But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor (Holy Spirit) will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me; in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world (Satan) now stands condemned. John 16:7-11

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so 'that you may know him better.' Ephesians 1:17.

No comments:

Post a Comment